Doesn't sound too appetizing, huh? Trust me, once you try it you will be thanking yourself for embracing the green.
Yesterday, little lion and i headed over to friends for dinner (or as they say west of the Mississippi, supper). Since it was St. Patty's and since 1/4 of me and an 1/8 of the lion cub are Irish, i decided to whip up an appropriately colored raw vegan concoction. Here are the details:
1.5 cups almonds
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup golden flax meal
1 cup dried plums (aka, prunes - we were out of dates, so prunes it was!)
2 TBS Agave nectar
5 ripe bananas
1 medium-size avocado
1 small mango
9 caps Aquazon (blue-green algae)
1 dash of cinnamon
For Crust -
1.In a food processor grind almonds, coconut, and flax meal together until the texture of a course powder.
2. Add in Prunes. Run food processor until everything is integrated.
3. Add Agave and run machine. Dough will begin to stick together.
4. Press crust into pie pan
you could make treats just from the crust recipe. my cub was begging for some!
1. Clean out Food Processor (you don't have to wash it, just wipe it out)
2. Blend all ingredients (add more blue-green algae for a greener hue)
3. Pour Filling into Pie Crust.
4. Smooth out, decorate as you want, and freeze.
5. Take out of freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.